Buy or fix? What’s the best path for you!
How can I remodel my home this year?
Updating, upgrading, and renovating are hot topics! Sometimes your best bet is to fix up and repair the things you need to make your home more hospitable. If your goal this year is to fix up and and keep your house in tip top shape United Community Bank can help! We have multiple choices to fit your budget and your needs to help you with any remodeling and renovating project! Ready to start the process? Apply today and get preapproved!
A Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) is a fantastic way to use the equity in your home to make renovations and repairs. If you own at least 25% of your home you may qualify for a line of credit using your home’s equity (the amount you would reap if you sold your house today) as collateral. A single loan application gives you a source of ongoing credit (terms of 36 or 60 months, that you may opt to renew) for things you need now. A HELOC is a very popular credit line for established homeowners. Learn more about a HELOC here!
Another popular option available to homeowners! United Community Bank partners with Minnesota Housing to provide Fix Up Home Improvement loans.
Make the home improvements, repairs and renovations you want, with the financing you can afford.
- Affordable, fixed interest rates (see current rates at www.mnhousing.gov)
- Lower rates for eligible energy efficiency and accessibility improvements
- Loan amounts from $2,000 to $50,000
- Secured and unsecured loan options
- Higher loan-to-value ratio (+100%) on secured loans than traditional loan products
- Repayment terms up to 20 years
- Option to hire a contractor or do the work yourself
- No prepayment penalty
You may be eligible for a Fix Up loan if you:
- Own and occupy the property to be improved (single-family homes, duplexes, triplexes, and fourplexes are eligible)
- Meet our minimum credit score requirements
- Meet the eligible income limits (currently higher than area median income—inquire for details)
These two loan options are fantastic ways to repair and to update your home to fit your growing needs! If you think a little work is on the horizon let UCB help! Contact Lisa Glynn today to see what option works best for you and your budget! REady to get preapproved? Apply today!