United Community Bank partners with Minnesota Housing to provide Fix Up Home Improvement loans.
Make the home improvements, repairs and renovations you want, with financing you can afford.
- Affordable, fixed interest rates (see current rates at www.mnhousing.gov)
- Lower rates for eligible energy efficiency and accessibility improvements
- Loan amounts from $2,000 to $50,000
- Secured and unsecured loan options
- Higher loan-to-value ratio (+100%) on secured loans than traditional loan products
- Repayment terms up to 20 years
- Option to hire a contractor or do the work yourself
- No prepayment penalty
You may be eligible for a Fix Up loan if you:
- Own and occupy the property to be improved (single family homes, duplexes, triplexes and fourplexes are eligible)
- Meet our minimum credit score requirements
What improvements can I make?
Here are some examples - ask your lender if your project is eligible.
General home repairs and remodeling
- Porches and decks
- Bathroom or kitchen remodels
- Finishing a basement
- Siding and roofing
- Mold and radon mitigation
- Basic garage, if none exists
Energy efficiency improvements
- Heating system and central air conditioning
- Insulation, attic air sealing
- Water heater
- House accessibility modifications
- Safety modifications
How do I get started?
- Contact a Lender. Contact one of our lenders to learn more about which loan is right for you.
- Get Bids. Obtain contractor bids or detailed materials estimates from a building supplier for work
- Mission Accomplished! Finish up the paperwork with your lender, make your home improvements, and celebrate your accomplishment.
Which Fix Up loan is right for me?
Income and program requirements subject to change. Please inquire or see www.mnhousing.gov for more information.
*This project was made possible by a grant from the U.S. Department of Energy and the Minnesota Department of Commerce through the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009 (ARRA).