girl laying on floor using laptop looking at credit card in hand
Linked directly to your UCB checking account, a debit card is a convenient option to make purchases and payments without having to carry cash or write a check. Our Visa Debit Card is good wherever the Visa® logo is displayed.
Debit Card Benefits
If you live locally, we can print you a debit card in minutes at our main location in Perham, or have it next day to any of our other locations. Instant Issue is more convenient than waiting for a card to come in the mail, and more secure as you don’t run the risk of it being lost or stolen in the mail.
A bank debit card is a great budgeting tool to help you limit your spending to only the money you have now. Use your bank card to avoid racking up credit card debt and having to pay a monthly credit card statement. Cut the chains of credit card debt and switch to the convenience and safety of your bank debit card!
Debit Card Security Features:
All debit cards have daily purchase and ATM withdrawal limits for your protection. If you have questions about your limits or if you’d like to increase them for a weekend or big purchase, give us a call and we can raise them instantly.
EMV Chip Enabled
All UCB debit cards are now issued with an EMV chip, which provides added security for in-store purchases.
Our systems work 24/7 to detect any unusual debit card activity on your account based on your previous purchase behavior. If fraud is suspected, we will automatically turn your card off and notify you.
Fraud Loss Protection
- To help us minimize fraud loss and restore your funds, check your bank accounts frequently and contact us if you see a transaction post that you did not make.
- We will fully cover any loss on your debit card due to fraudulent activity–so you will not be out money.
- We will not cover losses due to misuse, so please do not loan your card to anyone or share your card number with others.
Card On/Off Feature (in digital banking)
Once logged in, go to the Manage Cards tab to instantly turn your debit card on or off, in case you misplace or lose it. Turning your card off only impacts future transactions. If you suspect fraud or theft, please turn your card off and notify us to print you a new card.
Transaction Alerts (in digital banking)
Once logged in, go to the Manage Alerts tab, click the PLUS sign at the top of the screen, and select Custom to get started.
Business owners can conveniently add cardholders and establish individual limits based on need. Contact a business banker at 218-346-5700 for details.
Debit Card FAQs
Why is my card being declined?
There could be a number of reasons your transaction is not going through:
- Your account balance may not be adequate to cover the purchase amount plus any other transactions clearing your account.
- You have reached your daily purchase limit on your card. For your protection spending limits are placed on your card. This can be easily increased by calling the bank at 218-346-5700.
- The store you are purchasing at or city/state you are in is deemed a high risk for fraud. For your protection we are constantly reviewing card fraud trends both locally and nationally.
- If you plan to make a purchase above your normal spending amount and/or outside your normal spending area, please notify us in advance so we can make sure the transaction will go through.
How do I report my card lost or stolen?
If your card has been lost or stolen, give us a call at 218-346-5700 as soon as possible. If it’s after normal business hours, please call 844-202-5333.
How do I reset my PIN?
If you can’t remember your debit card PIN (4-digit Personal Identification Number), please call us for assistance.