Keeping your information safe isn't always easy, but we're here to help.
Actions for You
Monitor Credit Report
Your credit report may affect mortgage rates, credit card applications, or even some job applications. Reviewing your report annually helps you catch signs of identity theft early. You can receive your free annual credit report from any three of the major bureaus (Equifax, Experian, and Trans Union) through www.annualcreditreport.com.
Note: Your credit report does not include your credit score.
Be Vigilant Against Abuse
Elder financial abuse is a growing financial crime. Looking for common warning signs is a first step in protecting loved ones.
Debit Card Control
Within our digital banking service you can turn your debit card on or off immediately if your card is lost or stolen.
Protect Your Device
- Keep your device’s operating system, software, and apps up to date – be sure to go the company’s website to confirm the update is legitimate
- Install and regularly update anti-virus software on your desktop, laptop, and tablet
- Set up a password for your device and lock it when not in use
- Do not install or run any program or app on your device, unless it is from a trusted source
- Before you sell, donate, or trade in your device, make sure to wipe it or do a factory reset on it. This option can typically be found under a settings or control panel.
Protect Your Information
- Create cOmplic@t3d passwords and change them at least 3 times a year
- Always log out when finished using a UCB online or mobile banking service
- Never store personal or financial information, including passwords, on your device
- Be cautious using public Wi-Fi, as even reputable hot spots can be compromised
- If you use the Mobiliti App and lose your device, you can easily disable the app in your Online Banking account
- Don’t click links in spam emails – even those forwarded to you by someone you know
- Monitor your financial statements regularly for unexplained activity and promptly dispute any activity that looks suspicious. Using our free online banking service allows you to monitor your accounts in real time.
- Periodically check your credit report to make sure all your personal information is accurate (see below)
- Sign up for account activity alerts and we will notify you when certain account activity occurs
Want to learn more?
What We Do
Notify You of Suspicious Activity
We offer Falcon Fraud Debit Card Protection : a program that senses potential fraud or unusual activity with a customer's debit card. You will be notified of potential fraud as it is identified and may be asked to verify the transaction. This service is of no cost to you.
Identity Theft Program
Enroll in Deluxe Provent Identity Theft Program, an online service to protect yourself and your family from identity theft and fraud--also available via an app.
Wondering what banks are doing to protect consumers? View infographic >
Beware of IRS Imposter Scams
With tax season here, scammers try to get money out of consumers by posing as the IRS. View the FTC's infographic to learn more.
Beware of Tech Support Scams
- Look carefully at your software instructions to make sure it is properly installed and activated
- If you paid for bogus tech support services or software with a credit card, call your credit card company to reverse the charges
- Get rid of malware by downloading legitimate security software and delete anything that it finds as a problem.
- Change any passwords that you gave out.
Want to learn about common and clever scams to protect yourself? Visit the Federal Trade Commission's alert board: www.consumer.ftc.gov/scam-alerts
Compromised Information To-Dos
When a data breach, theft, or loss exposes your personal information, take action.
The Federal Trade Commission has an easy-to-use, interactive checklist to know what steps to take when your information falls into the wrong hands.